Monday, September 17, 2012

Doughnut Muffins

A baking urge hit me this weekend.  On Friday night I baked these pockets.They're good, not fabulous, but still good.  I kept getting distracted while making them and my crust didn't stay together.  Maybe you'll have better luck.

Honey wheat raspberry and peanut butter pockets
Yesterday, the Lady Bean wanted to bake.  There's usually a point where she looses interest and this was no different, but she was happy.  This is what she made:

Doughnut Muffins
 They taste like a sugar and cinnamon cake doughnut.  The batch size is small and they're fairly simple to make.


I scanned my pin board for food items that I already had the ingredients to make.  This was the winner.  I substituted coconut milk for the dairy needed.  I had opened the can on Friday night to use it when I made the wheat dough.  I am now a super fan of the coconut milk possibilities.  It seems to work so well.  I can tell that these were good too because they were gone in 12 hours and I only got one.  Next time I'll make minis.

xoxo,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment