Friday, January 14, 2011

Oops...

I left out some details about the cheesecake.  I used a basic recipe with snstructions for crust and a sour cream topping.  I think I used one from this site http://www.momswhothink.com/ and it was similar to this one http://www.momswhothink.com/cheesecake-recipes/easy-cheesecake-recipe.html, but not exactly the same.  I used cookies instead of graham crackers and it's probably better if you have something other than just your hands to crush them.  I put in the recommended amount of vanilla extract as well, but I also used the zest from 1 lemon and the juice from the same lemon.  The real lemon gave it a very fresh flavor with pop.  I've started adding vanilla extract with my natural citrus because it seems to cut the tartness of the real juice.  I think that's it for the cake.

Now I have to ask though,
What flavor is a glacier layer?  I think I might have an idea of what it would look like in cupcake form, but how would it taste?

No comments:

Post a Comment