Tuesday, August 21, 2012

30 Weddings

When Mr. Husband and I were planning our wedding, everyone would caution me to be sure that I had the wedding I wanted because (in theory or maybe hopefully) "you only do it once".  I told him that I had a solution though to rid myself of any worries or regrets and to somewhat stifle that urge to have every kind of wedding I had ever heard of.  I told him that we could simply keep getting married.  At first he looked concerned and then I explained that I meant to each other.  He still looked confused, but I explained that if we ever think of something and wish that we had done it or see something really nice, we can always just do it ourselves.  I was thinking that the weddings following the real one would be smaller in scale, but it wasn't very big to start with.  Anyway, this was something that I hadn't heard many people talk about doing, but today I discovered that someone is.

English Wedding
Alex and Lisa are traveling around the world for 2 years and marrying over and over in all the beautiful and unusual spots they see.  You can read about the adventure on their blog.

I think it's super neat and now I really want a few more weddings.

xoxo,
B

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!
    I wish you all the best in your marriage life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Now I want to save up and spend two years traveling the world and getting remarried.

    ReplyDelete