Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Costume Remorse


We did Halloween and Miss Bean took my original costume idea. So for awhile I thought I might be nothing since there were so many other things to do and finish (for example a long over due commissioned Uncle Sam suit). Of course, I couldn't resist and I finally gave in. I even spent money on costume items when I assured myself that I wouldn't. I guess it was okay and Bean was happy, but I was disappointed this year that I wasn't more excited and I ended up with costume remorse. I think I would enjoy a totally eccentric ensemble or going super traditional next year (Zombie!).


What I learned though:


1. Saucony shoes are very comfortable and I was right thinking that I would like them. My Halloween costume was a great excuse to finally purchase them.


2. Don't trust the estimated shipping time. Athena's wig arrived a week late and we had to borrow one at the last minute.


3. Neither of us wants to wear a wig again.


4. There is a place that actually makes button eye costume props.


5. I have a future making novelty oven mitts.


Finished commission, Halloween pair, Oven mitt prowess



No comments:

Post a Comment