Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Small Cool

This picture contains a couple of completed and recent DIY's!

Hi, I know I've been gone for awhile.  There was some some life stuff happening and I had to process it.  Once I got that done though, I got back to doing, but not posting.  Anyway, I did submit an entry to the Apartment Therapy Small Cool contest and they accepted.  My goal was simply to get my entry posted so I am quite excited, but since I'm already there, I might as well go for it.  If you have a minute it would be great of you to go give my entry a favorite.  You can use this link.

I am excited just to be there and I have my own criticisms of my entry.  I will apologize now for the beyond rough, hand drawn floor plan.  I couldn't locate a real one and Mr. Husband forgot to crank one out so I finally just sucked it up and roughed it.  I keep feeling the need to address every negative (or just not entirely positive?) comment posted and I know I don't have to, but this is just me.  Ima' gonna' cleanse myself here though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Cleanse: you've been warned!

Garlands appear to be controversial.  I like them, but most of all, I like making them.  The ceiling is a great place for storage, especially if you have cats.

It actually isn't dusty and there are no spiderwebs.  How is this possible?  I keep them cleared out.  I was bitten by a brown recluse once and I won't be doing that again.

We are fans of Kitsch.

We constantly have stuff flowing through the house and back out; Mr. Husband has an eBay store and we're artists.

It is dark in there; it's a duplex and there's a lot of stuff near the house that blocks light.

Finally, the house does have 2 bedrooms and 1.5 baths.  My second biggest (or maybe it comes first) criticism of my entry is that I wasn't able to show more of it.  I am far from being a professional photographer and I'm working around a house husband and an adolescent to keep the house clean.  So it was a race to get the home from work in time to get a room organized and still have enough natural light to get a decent photo of it before the chaos happened again.  Real life, who knew?

Done, thanks for playing along.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I'm done.  I feel a bit better now, but this is a different kind of experience than I thought it would be and I'm learning some skills that I hadn't thought about as being part of this process.  I think I'm going to go with the positive and say that I am an artist and perhaps my work is just controversial (That works right?).  Still, I'm excited and thanks to you for reading.

xoxo,
b

No comments:

Post a Comment