Monday, November 11, 2013

The Cutest Cupcakes Ever

First of all, I apologize; it's dusty in here.  I should pay more attention to how long I'm gone.
The not so little lady.
 The no longer little lady pictured above turned 12 on October 10th.  We used to decorate cupcakes for her birthday because it was easier to do that together than to make a cake.  In recent years, I've started letting her decide what kind of dessert item she would like for her day.  This year she decided it should be pumpkin spice latte cupcakes. Not only would that be a great flavor, they would look really cute  because they can be made like little drinks, right?

This all sounded incredibly difficult and sort of overwhelming.  I did some research and found the recipe linked above.  I also found various incarnations of the little lattes.  So I started gathering my supplies.  I worked at this place called Starbucks in my early 20's and I know a few tricks, like if you go in and ask for something, they just might give it to you.  So I did.  I was on a mom-mission to make the best cupcakes ever so they had to be authentic and this meant I needed little cups.  It took two stores, but I was able to gather enough sample cups for my cupcakes (At the first store I was denied so I drove to the next one and asked for less quantity.).

The recipe turned out to be really simple; you just make additions to a box mix.  I was baking for 12 year old ladies so I opted to make the cake just a bit sweeter and add some vanilla.  Then the birthday lady opted for whipped cream in lieu of icing.  She enjoyed making the swirls from the can.  It was good.  Then they were all sprinkled with cinnamon.

Oh, the cuteness!
Then we had a photo shoot with the cupcakes.  The birthday lady approved.

xoxo,
b

No comments:

Post a Comment