Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The 2013 Cube is up!


This year my faux office is spending October dressed as a pumpkin patch.  There are hay bales, crows, and all the cardboard pumpkins you can handle.  The house will also be a pumpkin patch this year.  I decided to carry my theme through and make everything interchangeable.


I wanted something that would make a large impact without costing too much.  I looked at lots of decorative lawn stakes and thought they were great, but it's expensive to buy very many and the large ones are out of my budget anyway.  So I raided the recycling at my house and at work.  I drew some rough gourd shapes and cut them out.  I used a combination of acrylic and spray paint to bring them to life and then I got out the glue gun to build pumpkins with all of my painted pieces.  As long as I have spray paint and cardboard, I will have decorations.  I will also have feet covered in over spray.

xoxo,
orange and glittered
 b

No comments:

Post a Comment